Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Son said: "Jesus is Human too."

In Mt 14:22-36, Jesus walks on the lake towards his disciples. The disciples are scared thinking they are seeing a ghost.

Jesus says,”Come.” Peter makes an attempt. As he steps into the water, he sinks. No matter how Jesus tries to encourage him, he can’t have the faith and the courage to try again.

On the breakfast table I asked my son, Joey what he learned from his Jesuit mentor about this narrative. His Theology teacher explained that there were many elevated portions of land in the lake which were covered by water only as high as half to a about a foot. Jesus had mastered the lake and knew where to step.

My son said: “Jesus can play tricks on his friends. That shows his humanity.”

My son just gave me one more reason to trust the Lord: God is one with me in my humanity.

No comments: