Saturday, January 12, 2008

Short Time in Heaven

Fr. JBoy, SJ, said in one of his homilies at the UP Church of the Risen Christ that if we abide in love we remain in God. My Cathechism teachers described heaven as a place of continuous singing with rhythm and movements of joy. Heaven is where God is,where good will reigns and where everyone lives in unity and harmony.

Yesterday, I had a full 6 hours of songs,prayers and praises to God, goodwill and consideration to others, harmony and friendliness among complete strangers --in a place where the Spirit of God dwells. While I was lining up in an overcrowded ladies room and stomping my feet gently to hold my kidney from bursting, the lady in front of me said solicituously, "Please go ahead, you seem to be of more urgent need for relief." I have not experienced such consideration for a long while and from complete strangers.

My husband and I had an experience of heaven yesterday, January 12, 2008 with about twenty thousand members of the Couples for Christ (CfC) community during the CfC Leaders Conference at the Araneta Coliseum at Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines. It took place after a tragedy of the previous year where a split among the elders of the CfC shook the family down to its very roots. The experience of yeaterday proved, CfC has emerged stronger because the members continue to abide in Love and God reigns among them.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like heaven. too bad it tends to be shortlived. some of those 'nice women' would go home then later throw pots and kalderos at their lazy husbands

Anonymous said...

agreed. its like the high you get at retreats. tsk tsk. maybe if they passed a law to be nice? i heard they have a be nice law in new york because folks there are notorious of being nasty

Anonymous said...

Joeshmoe,they may feel like throwing pots and pans around but if they control themselves, heaven would be established by their self- restraint and they will be sanctified in the process

Anonymous said...

I like to suggest a law that will reward being nice than punish being nasty. It can give birth to a culture of good manners rather than a society of reppressed and suppressed individuals who behave well only because of fear of punishment.

If only everybody can be nice & considerate, most of the time if not at all times? Despite pains, poverty, problems... Even poverty can be minimzed or even eradicated totally if only each one will be considerate enough to share the fruits of production and leaders of industry & institutions will be fair and just (nice) to everybody else. With music in the air--and Filipinos are music lovers and musically gifted-- then life will be like heaven.

Anonymous said...

Too bad 'nice' is a rare commodity. Because to feel nice ... we often have to be motivated by others being nice to us in the first place.

So... who'll get the ball rolling?

Anonymous said...

There's the problem. Always waiting for someone else to start means NO one will start.

Anonymous said...

I'll start after you do. hehehe.

So be nice. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mgrp said...

Heaven appears attractive indeed. The late Bishop Fulton Sheen had written that the human heart longs for heaven because when God created the human heart, God kept a piece of it with Him in paradise. Just look at the human heart. It is physically lop-sided. That's the reason we long for heaven. A piece of our heart is there and we will be restless until we reunite with it and with it's Creator and Keeper.

Anonymous said...

Hi mgrp. May I know the tile of the book by Bishop Sheen and where I can buy one. I like to read more of the same thing. He intrigues me.

mgrp said...

Jenny, I read Bishop Sheen during my teens. All of his books. That was when I was still searching for the right vocation. I have forgotten the title of his books except one: "It Takes Three to Get Married". I am not sure if I got the lop-sided heart in that book or from: "Love of God" or something like it.

I lost my collection after I went away for years. I have been searching his books for long . They are not available anymore in any bookstore.

Let's keep searching, okay?