Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wishing to be Rich yet Poor

In our village Mass today Fr. Jose Arcilla, S.J. said, “The real poor people are those who have many things to share but can not give and the real rich are those who have nothing yet they can still offer something to share.” The poor/generous giver has the best to offer—an open and welcoming heart.

From my e-mail box: "This is the great truth that the bible teaches over and over. When we trust God who is nothing but giving, we can give and give but never run out.
But if we cling to poor substitutes for God (money, power, fame or pleasure), we can hoard and hoard but never have enough."

If only the materially rich are also rich in spirit and start giving and giving, cease hoarding and hoarding, no one will be wanting. It takes poverty of the heart and richness of the spirit to make everyone rich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Atty...this is Bebe, you replied to my post in PLR forum, thank you very much.

I like this post you wrote. I am not rich nor poor and I always share to the poor like used clothes, etc. I dont have money to give but I offer my service. Thanks for taking time to reply and giving advice for free. GOD Bless you and family